Solution to CGDI BMW “FEM BDC Version is not supported, please upgrade FEM /BDC first“. if you have the same problem, please follow this article to fix it.
Check the BTLD version, If it is v82 or v83 , please go to program page, then “Advanced mode” to program it (in this article). If BTLD version is not V82 / V83, please go to program page to program it with default version(will make a manual ).
- Select BDC_Body, click on “Advanced mode”.
Read the prompt “The ECU is about to be programmed. Please ensure that the car battery has enough power and keep the device cable connected during the programming process. Click on “Yes” to continue.
- Click on “Yes” to backup the coded data.
You can see the progress displaying in the box.
- Come to “BMW F series programming version selection”, select “BTLD-80”, the next one is “SWFL -80”, then click on “Confirm”.
- Retrieve and download the list of programming files from the server, please be patient, how much time to cost, it will depend on your internet speed.
When it runs to 100%, enter VIN 17 characters.
- Ready to program ECU…It will take about 8 minutes.
When it runs to100%, ECU programming successfully.
- Read the two notes.
Note 1. If you have not coded after programming, please use the “BMW F/G system Coding” function to code. Some modules (such as gateways) do not require coding and you can ignore this step.
Note 2. If the airbag, sunroof and window are abnormal, please use the “ECU initialization” function to initialize.
- Finally, check it in the Add Key page, it can work now.